Thursday 9 February 2012

Shiny, shiny books

Well, shiny to me, anyway. (And EXTRA shiny, because I took this photo on my phone, right by the light in the bedroom. Brilliant.)


I have been wanting to read the Uglies series for ages, and finally tracked down a copy of Pretties in a different branch of the library system a couple of weeks ago. That sent me on a quest to get a copy of Uglies, so I could read them in order. I finally picked it up from the library today. At the moment I am about two-thirds of the way through The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides, but Uglies is lined up for my weekend reading!

Also waiting for me were Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan, and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I recently read Levithan's Boy Meets Boy, which I loved. I am hoping that Nick & Norah (and Amy & Roger) will be just as enjoyable.

Of course, all of this may well be derailed when I see my brother this weekend. We are currently both making our way through George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, and he is now racing through Book 3: Part 2, while I have only just finished Book 3: Part 1. Some catching up may be in order! (Although, on the plus side, as he is nearly always ahead of me, he buys the books, and then I "borrow" them...)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I'm pretty new to this. I haven't read the Uglies yet -- looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!