Sunday 11 March 2012

In My Mailbox #2

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.





This week I picked up three books I had on reservation from the library. It's quite a mixture of stuff, but I've been looking forward to reading all of these for a while.


It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini





This was a Goodreads recommendation, about a teenager who ends up in a psychiatric hospital.


Queen Camilla by Sue Townsend





This may be the one I am most excited about this week - The Queen And I (1992) is a huge favourite of mine, and Queen Camilla is a kind-of sequel to that, about the Royal Family living on a council estate under a Republican government. I love Sue Townsend's books, so I'm hoping this one will be just as good!


The Laughing Policeman (Martin Beck #4) by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö 





I am a huge fan of Scandinavian fiction, particularly crime, and this is one of the iconic titles that I've been dying to read for a long time.

Of course, I can't start any of these books until I finish A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold, which is getting incredibly tense!


What's in your mailbox this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Queen Camilla - hope you enjoy all the books in your mailbox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set! Queen Camilla sounds really good. Hope you enjoy.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!