Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is: Top Ten Recommended Beach Reads.
I am a bit of a sun dodger in the summer, but I do love being by the sea, and beach + book is never a bad way to spend an afternoon!
1. Death on the Nile - Agatha Christie
Holiday murders and the heat of the desert.
2. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson
One of my favourite road trip books!
3. Tales of the City - Armistead Maupin
Short, snappy chapters and lots of fun characters.
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han
A nice beach-themed read.
5. The Rehearsal - Eleanor Catton
Blurring the lines of truth amongst a group of high school girls.
6. The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
Delicious and absorbing.
7. The Boyfriend List - E. Lockhart
A quick, fun read perfect for a sunny day!
8. Five on a Treasure Island - Enid Blyton
The ultimate in beach-side adventures, where the kids have their own island to play on to their hearts' content.
9. Riding The Magic Carpet: A Surfer's Odyssey to Find the Perfect Wave - Tom Anderson
This is a little bit of a cheat, because I just received this book for my birthday, but it seems like exactly the kind of thing to read by the sea!
10. You could always have a snooze! (Remember the sun cream.)