Sunday 2 December 2012

Showcase Sunday

Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea.


I've been absent from the blog for a couple of weeks now, mostly due to the looming deadline of my thesis draft, which was finally submitted on Friday. It's been a hazy month of manic typing, frantic footnoting, leaping out of the shower when I think of the exact right way to structure the end of a chapter, and lots of late nights and early mornings. As a result, also, not a whole lot of reading for fun.

I did manage to finish Liza Klaussmann's Tigers In Red Weather, however, which was a brilliant debut novel and highly recommended. (Review here.) At the moment I reading Brigid Lowry's With Lots of Love From Georgia, which is a fun Aussie/NZ YA novel (so far it hasn't been specified and Lowry is from New Zealand but lived in Australia so I'm hedging my bets... ;) ) and nice and summery for my brain!


Only one book to share this week, rescued from a bag of books my brother was donating to charity. In amongst lots of Charlaine Harris I found Marina Lewycka's A Short History of Tractors In Ukrainian, which I've heard some good things about, so I might give it a go at some point.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That's sounds like it will probably be funny! I love the title.

    Here's my Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on handing in your thesis draft -- what an amazing accomplishment! Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment ... I recently had my laptop die and lost all of my favourite bookmarked blogs =( I've readded your blog to my new list of bookmarks, and looking forward to catching up on your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the exact same situation myself - I'll have to start working on my thesis pretty soon and it's been non-stop reading / essay writing in the past few months. Not much time for fun reading unfortunately :( Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!