Sunday 10 November 2013

Showcase Sunday #34

A few books to share this week, starting with some library finds that were a reward for working all day in the library on Friday - nothing better than being surrounded by books you know you can take home!

Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea.


Spoiled college students and Ellis' trademark darkness.

Currently reading this - the atmosphere is fantastic, and reminiscent of Donna Tartt's The Little Friend in some ways.


An Argentinian novel that will be a late contender for my 2013 Translation Challenge.

I also picked up a few things for my Kindle:


A Finnish novel that looks at the period during which Estonia was occupied by the Soviet Union, focusing on the stories of two women.


A very short read - I am a big fan of Krakauer's writing, so I was left wanting more, but a nice slice of investigative journalism.


My third King novel - after a so-so reaction to Duma Key, and a DNF for Black House, I decided to give this a go in the Hallowe'en sale.

Recent reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and cookies always welcome!