Sunday 20 January 2013

Showcase Sunday #16

Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea.



This week I stopped off in the Central Library in Birmingham, only to discover that because the new, shiny Library of Birmingham is opening in June, most of the books are now in storage. This is a picture of what the new library will look like - I'm very excited!

via
I did, however, pick up a couple of books:

Bunheads - Sophie Flack



Rose By Any Other Name - Maureen McCarthy



Bonus - this one will count towards my Australian Women Writers Challenge!

This weekend has been very snowy, right from Thursday night onwards, and the university campus closed down yesterday lunchtime, so I had a very snowy evening curled up inside! I ended up watching We Bought A Zoo, which was a bit like Field of Dreams with animals, but it did have an excellent soundtrack - most of it was done by Jonsi, but there was also some Neil Young, Temple of the Dog, Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready to enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Oh i like the cover of Bunheads and the title as well, look forward to hear what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your new library is going to be amazing! Bunheads looks interesting. Happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to that library! It looks like it will be awesome.

    Here's my Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be one fantastic library!

    And yay for getting Rose.. I read it last year and liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the plans for the library! Both books look good :) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your library will be amazing!
    Also, I'm really curious about Bunheads. I might have to give it a try as well :) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!