1. Into The Wild - one of my favourite films (and one of my favourite books). I don't watch it very often, because it has the power to make me collapse into a puddle of tears for A LONG TIME. Eddie Vedder's soundtrack plays a big part in this.
4. Milk - I watched the film before reading the book, and the film blew me away. The book is excellent, too.
5. Don't Look Now - Perhaps the creepiest, most unsettling film I will willingly sit down and watch. The build up of terror is done incredibly well - another favourite.
6. Matilda / The Witches - two Roald Dahl books-to-films that I think worked really well. Danny DeVito really brought Matilda to life, and The Witches I found suitably terrifying when I was young.
7. Bridget Jones' Diary - I think this is a solid adaptation. The book and the film are quite different in some respects, but again I think the essence of Bridget is there, and the cast do a great job.
And the one I don't like so much:
10. About a Boy - ARGH. I enjoyed the book, but the film doesn't do it for me at all. The whole backstory about Kurt Cobain is removed - it might have dated the film, sure, but it was (for me) an integral part of the book.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.