Sunday 22 July 2012

Showcase Sunday: The Last Minute Library edition

As ever, this Sunday I am linking up with Books, Biscuits and Tea's Showcase Sunday!


This week I took a couple of books back the library, only to discover that my local branch of the city library is closing for six weeks to have its roof fixed. [For some reason I typed "six years" earlier... oops!] Although there is a library branch in most sections of the city, including one near the university, I couldn't leave empty-handed! I have had a hankering for some crime fiction all week, so I picked up these three:

That's a lot of Agatha.
Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley, by M. C. Beaton (goodreads)
Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham, by M. C. Beaton (goodreads)
Death in the Clouds, by Agatha Christie (goodreads)

The Agatha Raisin books aren't particularly challenging, but they are easy to lose yourself in. I think I have read Death in the Clouds before, a long time ago, but I don't remember the plot and I enjoy seeing Poirot at work!

Reviews posted this week:

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (5/10)
Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie (5/10)

Hope everyone has had a good week, thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. The library is closing for six years? That sounds like a long time, what a shame!

    I love the look of the Agatha Raisin books, enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that was quite the mis-type I did - I meant six weeks! Six years would be a pretty long time, I was obviously having a moment when I wrote this post!

      Delete
  2. Lol! I'm so glad it's just six weeks...well six weeks is a long time, but still a better scenario than years :)
    I haven't read an Agatha Christie in ages, I'd love to really.
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!