Sunday 15 July 2012

Showcase Sunday: Weekly roundup, and bonus mystery!

Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and offers bloggers a way to share the books they've received this week.



Once again, I have been away this week! I went to see Faith No More play two gigs in London, and then to see Soundgarden on Friday in Hyde Park. As such, I haven't done a lot of reading for fun. I am still reading Joe Simpson's Touching The Void, which has just started to get rather harrowing... I imagine it will only get worse!

I didn't think I would have anything to share this week, but when I returned home yesterday there was a parcel waiting for me, from Thriftbooks, a company I had never heard of. Inside was this:





(The book, not the dinosaur.)


I have a reasonably good idea of who it might be from, because there are a limited number of people who a) know of my childhood love of the Babysitter's Club and b) have my address, but I am actually still quite baffled, and my no.1 suspect is out of the country, which means I can't ask her and figure it out once and for all...


There aren't even any outstanding birthday presents that I'm aware of, that it could be.


I might just have to add it to the list of Weird Things That Keep Happening, top of the list currently being coming home from the supermarket the other day to find the bath taps running. (Both my housemates were away at this point.)


Anyway, enough mysteriousness for one week. If you missed them, here are the reviews that went up on Bibliotekit while I was gone!


Curtis Sittenfeld - American Wife (From the Vaults; original Goodreads rating 5/5)
Brigid Lowry - Follow the Blue (8/10)


My Top Ten Tuesday this week was all about books I like to give as gifts. (Not mysterious gifts, though. Maybe in the future...)

I think that concludes this week's roundup! Leave me your links, and while I'm meant to be working later, I'll come check out your books. ;)

7 comments:

  1. I love your post with all its mysteriousness. Happy reading!

    http://www.chicklibrarycat.blogspot.com/2012/07/showcase-sunday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little post there.

    Hopefully, you'll trace your mysterious benefactor.

    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it was a nice surprise even if you don't know who sent you it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, the water thing is so very creepy! Maybe your house is haunted or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soundgarden sounds interesting! And sometimes it's nice to take a break from blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THE BABYSITTERS' CLUB. I may be too old for it, but I still enjoy reading the books. xP You're so lucky to get the complete guide of it. *jealousy*

    Anyway, thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have had to run out of the house screaming if I came home to the bath faucets running. Creepy...

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!